[LMB] Points that simmer to the surface....

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun May 20 02:17:10 BST 2018

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 04:34:49PM -0700, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
> On May 18, 2018, at 6:21 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> > If you've only had the mild stuff (IMO, almost indistinguishable from
> > soap) then you're in for a treat.  It's not the only place to make good
> > Cheddar, of course.. but there is an awful lot of *bad* Cheddar out
> > there.

<snip>
> I used to order their pumpernickel-raisin bread, but now that I have two dependable sources (King Arthur Flour & Nuts.com, Bob’s Red Mill had to stop due to supply issues) of real pumpernickel rye flour/meal, I can make limpa, a spiced & orange scented pumpernickel bread.

Oh Limpa! What spices does yours use?

I have Bernard Clayton Jr.'s Swedish LImpa from the first edition of his
Complete Book of Breads, and it is heavenly: orange peel, molasses,
fennel seed, cumin, and raisins. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm!!!
(I double the rasins, on the theory that you can't put too many rasins
in bread as long as there's enough dough to hold them all together.)

I always make it for pot-luck lunches at church, and there's never any
left over.

                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.