[LMB] OT: Personal Notes

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sun May 20 20:43:36 BST 2018

Why not Saffron Sativa? I know the plant is called crocus sativa, but unless I’m planning to have daughters named along a theme, Crocus is right out.

[Sativa simply means cultivated. Indica means it was found in India. Officinalis means something used in medicine and herbalism (including cooking).]

The parents of a dental assistant in my dentist’s office squabbled about her name when she was due.

Her father wanted Porsche, her mother Portia—homophones.

Her middle name is Carrera. Me, I’d change it, but she seems to have accepted her father’s choice.

I’m told there was a woman in Tulsa working in the oil business in the early 80’s, because when the OB said, here comes the placenta, the mother liked the sound of it and named her daughter Placenta. Another name I’d have changed ASAP at 18.

There are nice names from mythology and history I find have bad associations, too.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala