[LMB] Weddings

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon May 21 18:04:17 BST 2018

From https://carriev.wordpress.com/2018/05/21/thoughts-from-the-weekend/ <https://carriev.wordpress.com/2018/05/21/thoughts-from-the-weekend/>

I didn’t get up in time to watch the royal wedding but I caught up online. Everything was just so pretty. You know what I kept thinking of? Gregor and Laisa from the Vorkosigan books. Not their appearance (which isn’t anything like in the books) but in the way Harry and Meghan act with each other, all happy and a little bit clingy, and the way Meghan’s been thrown into this very weird and public culture and is doing just great with it, and the feeling you get that they’d run away if they could but they’re too aware of the propriety of it all to actually do it. So that’s in my head now and it made me happy.