[LMB] OT: Entertaining writers was Re: Vashnoi goes live

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri May 25 00:07:29 BST 2018

On 5/24/2018 1:57 PM, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
> On May 24, 2018, at 11:44 AM, Sylvia McIvers<sylviamcivers at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Obligatory shoutout to Hedy Lamar
>> (wiki) Lamarr is also credited with being an inventor.
> Yes, she and a couple of other actresses (names forgotten, drat) did some amazing work that has been largely ignored by the mainstream.

Argh!

OK, Hedy Lamarr has been mentioned so many times every year since 2000,
at least where I've read it, that I now feel she must be the only woman
who ever invented anything.

Far from being ignored and forgotten, I feel that people need to start
coming up with other examples than Hedy Lamarr.

--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil