[LMB] OT: Forgotten Women and African American Scientists was Entertaining writers was Re: Vashnoi goes live

Jonathan Spencer jonrspence at aol.com
Sun May 27 13:00:14 BST 2018

Actually there are more than we may ever know. The problem is that in many cases either their work was attributed to others or their names have been left out of the mainstream history books. For example Virginia Johnson, the NASA mathematician featured in the film Hidden Figures or all of the women who worked on the UNIAC https://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2014/10/06/345799830/the-forgotten-female-programmers-who-created-modern-tech.

Unfortunately the problem is not limited to science, just the other day I read an obituary of  Dovey Roundtree  who won several key civil rights cases.

Jonathan Spencer
Jonrspence at aol.com