[LMB] OT: Entertaining writers was Re: Vashnoi goes live

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sun May 27 14:30:44 BST 2018

> On May 26, 2018, at 7:27 PM, Jim Parish <jparish at siue.edu> wrote:
>
> WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:
>> I think the reason had more to do with academic arrogance than discrimination. A PHD will not share credit with a non-PHD.
>
> Oh, really? My next paper will list my most recent Masters' student as co-author, and she deserves it.
>
> Jim Parish
> Ph.D., Mathematics

Wise move. Things may change, if people think of the analogy with the #Me Too et al.. I mean those men got
away with that behavior for decades, but it is catching up to them now.  It was almost expected behavior,
that got approval and even admiration at the country club or other boar watering palces.

The credit stealers even have their tenure revoked. <GASP!> The administration won’t fight too hard they can
be replaced by adjuncts.

__
Vilhjalmur Stefansson (1879 – 1962)