[LMB] LISTBIZ: GDPR and Birthdays

Katrina Knight kknight at fastmail.fm
Sun May 27 16:20:34 BST 2018

At 04:05 AM 5/27/2018 Marc Wilson wrote:
>Current best practice is to allow you to specify your own
>*questions* as
>well as *answers*.  And then for the respondent to pick things
>that
>*aren't* a matter of public record: "What was the first concert
>you
>attended?"  "What was your first crush's middle name?"

I've had to deal with a site that makes the user tell them what
the question is before asking for the answer to it. So not only
do you have to remember the answer, you have to remember which
of the fairly stupid list of questions you chose to have them
ask.

I find that many companies offer a combination of questions that
are too much a matter of personal record and questions that are
more suitable for teens and twenty-somethings who were in high
school recently. I have no idea what the first concert I went to
was. I've gone to an awful lot of performances over the decades
of my life.

--
Katrina Knight
kknight at fastmail.fm