[LMB] LISTBIZ: GDPR and Birthdays

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Mon May 28 13:03:28 BST 2018

> On May 28, 2018, at 1:24 AM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
>

> On May 27, 2018, at 06:52 AM, WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:
>
> What you went through was a lot less trouble than being rooted.
>
> What's "rooted" mean in this context?
> Marina
>Non technical explanation “rooted” has the same meaning as in Australian slang.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=root <https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=root>

If you “really need to know”

More technically: It means your computer can be taken over by outside entities.
Your computer can be used in a botnet to do anything the entity desires, for example,
send spam from you to all your contacts and anyone whose email they know, mine bitcoin,
use your computer for a variety of illegal and immoral scams etcetera.

—
Who’s General Protection Fault and why is he reading my hard disk?!