[LMB] Vashnoi goes live

Karen A. Wyle kawyle at att.net
Mon May 28 18:57:31 BST 2018

My books on Amazon are all DRM-free. It is indeed up to me.
Karen A. Wyle

    On Monday, May 28, 2018 12:22 PM, Damien Sullivan <phoenix at mindstalk.net> wrote:

 On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 04:11:09PM +0000, Harvey Fishman wrote:

> > So I hear, but I don't want to support the decision to use DRM.  If an
> > author uses DRM, they lose my business.
> >
> The thing is that this is not generally the author's choice but a function
> of whom they are selling through. Telling an author not to sell through the
> largest book-seller in the world is not realistic.

If by "largest book-seller" you mean Amazon, you're wrong.  Amazon sells
some ebooks which are DRM-free.  It seems to be an author or publisher
decision.  For example, this one
https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Memoirs-Lady-Trent-Labyrinth-ebook/dp/B07B2ZQQZX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527524140&sr=8-1&keywords=lady+trent+series&dpID=51XaJV8SLsL&preST=_SY445_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

where the description says "At the Publisher's request, this title is
being sold without Digital Rights Management Software (DRM) applied."
Which is true of all Tor books.

-xx- Damien X-)
Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to kawyle at att.net
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk