[LMB] LISTBIZ: GDPR (Tixie list)

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 12:39:19 BST 2018

From: "Jean Lamb" <tlambs1138 at charter.net>

Note: I have a Wrong Birthday that I normally put in for most commercial
applications, and you'd be amazed at the birthday spam I get on that date.
Perhaps it was overkill to get a horoscope for it--but then, when someone
offers a free horoscope, they get your real birth date most of the time. I
try to use my powers for good, but if I wanted to get accurate birthdates,
that would be one method that I would use.
Yours in paranoia...

Gwynne: When I started on the net (many years ago) there was a lot of
paranoia about it - according to some people the net was so dangerous,
you're going to meet an axe murderer, etc (oddly, was sort of close to two
in r/l, none online).  So I used a part of my name, a family surname, and
picked a 'birth date' that had other significance for me. Not much use for
identity theft. Now the name is a comfortable identity for me, I couldn't
give it up.
Jean, we'll have to start a club for paranoics. Just don't let anyone else
know about it.