[LMB] SP: Prison Reform

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 14:52:35 BST 2018

________________________________
From: lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk <lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk> on behalf of Katherine Collett <kcollett at hamilton.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:22 PM
To: Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold.
Subject: Re: [LMB] SP: Prison Reform

On May 29, 2018, at 10:49 AM, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:

> <snip>
> I was surprised how much better Enrique showed. I think it was a combination of Marta’s influence, Miles not being overbearingly present, and the other characters taking him as he is.

Well, and also he's a few years older.  He was pretty young in A Civil Campaign, so it's not surprising that he has matured socially (as well as economically, one hopes -- or does Marta just take care of all that?).

Katherine

Martya has probably made sure he gets out of the lab on a regular basis, to interact with  other people than lab staff and his girls. She probably gives quizzes on  social interaction as well. I wonder what she makes him read, too, to broaden his horizons beyond scientific literature & epic poetry.

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to kevink45 at hotmail.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk