[LMB] LISTBIZ: GDPR and Birthdays

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Wed May 30 17:16:47 BST 2018

On Mon, 28 May 2018 14:38:00 +0000, Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com>
wrote:

>The only way to keep any data from cybercrooks anyway is to never put it online anyway. And shred all your paper. And all your Rewards cards.

When I had a job in London for a while, I stayed in "digs" during the
week with an elderly (but very sharp) lady - she used to be Something in
the Foreign Office.

The set of door keys she provided to me had a little tag with a barcode
that was a mini-replica of her loyalty card for the local supermarket. I
didn't have one of my own, so I used to scan hers, chuckling to myself
as I imagined their algorithm trying to understand an 86-year-old lady's
sudden interest in car magazines and sushi.
--
If you do commit suicide, if you're left-handed, hold the gun in
your right hand. It will drive the detectives nuts looking for