[LMB] OT: chuckle from 30th October

Harvey fishman at panix.com
Mon Nov 5 03:28:14 GMT 2018

------ Original Message ------
From: "Alex Y. Kwan" <litalex at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold."
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Bcc: fishman at panix.com
Sent: 11/03/2018 05:52:03
Subject: Re: [LMB] OT: chuckle from 30th October

>Hello,
>
>在 2018年11月3日週六 下午3:30,A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com 寫道:
>
>>I had some blood tests to collect for.
>>The phlebotomist looked at my elbow, saw scarring, and asked how
>>long/much
>>had I been using (IV drugs).
>>I told her I’d given blood last week, and was in the ICU in early
>>September . . .
>>
>>She stopped asking and just took the blood
>>

>At least they managed to find your vein. The last time they had to draw
>my
>blood, they had to switch arms twice. :-P
>
>little Alex

Ooh, that hurts. The only one who gets my elbow is the blood bank
technicians who are capable and usually find the vein on the first try.
When I have to give small samples for blood tests, I insist that they
take it from the back of my hand. Easier to find a vein and I do not
suffer bruising.

Harvey