[LMB] OT: chuckle from 30th October

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 03:36:36 GMT 2018

Sometimes I've walked out of blood drives with spectacular bruises on my
forearm---for some reason, I always seem to get the newb phlebotomists, and
having them guddling around on my arm is No Fun.

Years ago, I had just donated, and was sitting in my favorite hangout, the
local McDonald's, drinking a big soft drink and reading the last *Harry
Potter* book.  This little kid comes up, looks at the big black mark on my
arm, and asks "Is that a Dark Mark, mister?  Are you a Death Eater?"

I grinned, took out my pencil, pointed it at my bruise, and said "Why don't
we press it and see if You-Know-Who comes?"  His eyes went HUGE, he turned
and ran for his mom, and the two of them exited stage right fast.  I was
laughing for some time after that.