[LMB] A generation later

Royce Day sirtalen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:52:14 GMT 2018

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 12:11 PM WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:

>I’d like to see a story set in the WGW about 50 years later at the
Redwing-Bluefield teaching hospital where Natti-Mari Bluefield is head of
nursing. Great Gran Fawn would also be a great head of hospital services.

Oh, Gods yes. On both counts.

>Concerning to state of medical knowledge in the WGW, they really need a
microscopical from Glassforge to help them get started on germ theory. They
haven’t even gotten as far as Harvey as far as blood circulation although
they at least know it circulates and that the heart is a pump.

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure that's required. Though I'm not certain that
Groundsense goes as far as revealing germs, I think germ theory would be
one of those basic pieces of knowledge that would have survived the
collapse of Lakewalker civilization, even if their healers didn't. Gah!
Does anyone remember whether wounds were cleaned with alcohol or whether
Lakewalker healers sterilized their needles before sewing them up?

-Royce in MD