[LMB] A generation later

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Tue Nov 6 00:47:46 GMT 2018

I don't know about the midwest, but I do know that in the mountains, in our world, government touched the local farmers very lightly indeed in the 19th century. Of course, there was some - the sheriff patrolled the roads, and the churches played a role, and there was often a highly respected person - or several - people took their troubles to.