[LMB] A quest to read All The Things By Lois

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Wed Nov 7 11:12:08 GMT 2018

My favorite rereads have been Captain Vorpatril's Alliance, followed by Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen. CVA is so neat on every level .... especially the prolonged look inside Ivan's head, and with all the neat little pudding-plums of information that seem to have stemmed from fannish questions now being answered ... and seeing that Ivan is no kind of an idiot, but very, very good at organization and logistics. And Tej is totally delightful.

GJ&RQ for its look at Chaos Colony, at the unexpected surprise in Aral's life, the twists and turns of Cordelia's administration of Sergyar and the down-home culture developing there ("Throw another shrimp on the barbie?") ... and the utter delight of Freaking Out Miles. And the kids. Lots and lots of kids. Including two Cetagandan young men (well, a man and a boy) in that atmosphere. Love it, love it.

John Lennard's book sent me back to the story arc starting with Memory and working through to, so far, ACC. COmpanion reading: Georgette Heyer's Cotillion.