[LMB] Ma Kosti's ingenuity

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 00:16:20 GMT 2018

On ‎Monday‎, ‎November‎ ‎12‎, ‎2018‎ ‎06‎:‎23‎:‎02‎ ‎PM‎ ‎JST, James M. BRYANT G4CLF

So I'll report that having freshly-baked
homemade bread and small leftovers of
Spanish omelette, three sorts of cheese
(less than 10 gm of each), two sorts of
cold sausage, some chopped onions and
mayo, I made a Dagwood for breakfast.

ObBujold:- One does wonder what a Ma
Kosti Dagwood would be like (or if she
would deign to make one).

James the /g/o/u/r/m/e/t/ gourmand
--
I am sure that Ma Kosti would look upon a Dagwood as an interesting design challenge, and I'm sure her
kids have had the equivalent of Dagwoods all their lives (and other left-over challenges). First, you are

(-: I bet the Dagwood Desserts are something else! Trifle-like things, made with leftover cream and
custards and jellies and cakes.

Now, I wonder if any of her boys were influenced by her cooking? Are they the delight of their partners
when they serve a "little something from the kitchen" in bed the next morning? Do their co-workers rope
them into "improving" the MREs with just a little something from home?

It seems to me Ma Kosti could take a slice of Spanish omelette, add a flavored mayonnaise
(horseradish? paprika and garlic?), maybe some avocado and a slice of tomato, with a bit of chopped
chorizo mixed into the mayo so the chorizo doesn't fall off. Topped off with a garlicy shrimp! Put this
between a sliced segment of crusty bread. Mmmm.

(-: Not many fictional characters have impacted my life as much as Ma Kosti has -- true, it's in little ways,
but I do find myself wondering sometimes: "What would Ma Kosti do with these ingredients?", and I have
a better meal as a result.

Micki