[LMB] OT: Rivers of London-Publisher ethics

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 12:15:49 GMT 2018

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 1:52 PM Caroline Tabach <ctabach at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, the paperbacks of the first books were very cheap on the book
> depository.

Some of us still prefer ebooks, since it will take weeks for a dtv book to
get to me...

> I have not read them, why do people recommend this series?

I don't know why anyone else does, but for me it's a lovely different view
of urban fantasy, with vivid characters I can't wait to find more about and
a fine weave of different supernatural backgrounds and ideas to explore.
Characters are usually enough for me, and the world building is an extra
bonus. And I generally can't put them down once I start. I hope if you do
give them a try, you enjoy!

Greetings,
Considering the original point about publishers and high ebook prices yet
more.

> --
"When you say travel", she said, "you don't think small." -- Fawn
Bluefield, LMB

"What do monsters have nightmares about?"
"Me, ha!" - Doctor Who