[LMB] G&S in the Vorkosiverse

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 05:24:14 GMT 2018

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 10:52 PM Harvey <fishman at panix.com> wrote:

> [...]
some of the Shakespeare plays that were lost (if they existed) and
recording them, too.  When I got back home, English professors and would-be
Ph.Ds  in English would be offering me anything I wanted that they could
get, just for those recordings.

G+S did say they mined *Thespis* for music for their later works, and a
version exists with tunes from later Savoy operas that fit the lyrics, but
nobody knows just how authentic it is.