[LMB] AKICOT:L Questions/Opinions

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Nov 19 06:05:59 GMT 2018

On Nov 18, 2018, at 7:58 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

>> On Nov 18, 2018, at 8:17 PM, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
>>
>> In fact, the highest paid employee in most US states is a college sports coach.
>>
>> As a personal opinion, I think that college sports are both overrated and unnecessary expenses. Of course, no one has ever offered to pay to see me do anything.
>
> College presidents often seem to believe that college sports are a big tool to get rich alumni donations.   I haven’t seen any study to show the ROI.

College sportsball brings income from broadcasting events. A lot of income.

At Stanford U., the arts offices and ticket offices are small, cramped, poorly furnished and poorly funded, with older hand-me-down equipment and furniture.

The sports equivalents, on the other hand, are spacious and up-to-date, with $400 chairs. I worked there the summer of 2006.

It was quite disheartening.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com