[LMB] AKICOT:L Questions/Opinions

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 21:03:37 GMT 2018

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:57:43 -0500, Jason Long <sturmvogel66 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>All of those may well be true, but I think that it comes down to the simple
>rule that bosses get paid more than worker bees.

Smart organisations have realised that this can be a problem and have
methods to avoid it.  E.g. often, senior technicians don't necessarily
have skills in management, but want their careers (and particularly
their salaries) to progress - so it's wise to have a "consultant" track
where the can actually earn more than the people they report to.

Hell, even the *army* understands this.  A sergeant-major earns
significantly more than the 2nd Lieutenant he has to call "sir", and
almost certainly has more value to the organisation.
--
"The problem is not that the world is full of fools, it's that lightning
 isn't being distributed correctly."                        - Mark Twain