[LMB] OT: I need help finding the title of a particular classic SF story

Bill Welch moremoth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 02:03:41 GMT 2018

Something on those lines, though I can't remember the details, I'm afraid:
Commencement Night, which when I looked it up in isfdb is by Richard Ashby,
Astounding, August 1953.  (I remembered it was in Astounding and that was
enough for Google to point to the right page of the isfdb).  It's been
anthologised a few times.

Bill Welch