[LMB] OT: (very) Why has saddle stitching gone away?

Harvey fishman at panix.com
Sat Nov 24 17:42:06 GMT 2018

As I have said before, the magazines that I complained of specifically
used to often be 200 pages or more. As to page creep, there is a very
simple solution. Most magazines are printed oversize and then
guillotined to final size after binding. This takes care of page creep
inherently. Yes, saddle stitching requires pages to be divisible by
four, BUT almost everything is printed in 16 page signatures for
economic reasons so that is not a limitation. I repeat, why has saddle
stitching disappeared? I have yet to hear a valid reason.

Harvey