[LMB] AKICOTL OT: Crawling Saucers and " I need help finding the title of a particular classic SF story "

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Sat Nov 24 20:58:19 GMT 2018

On 11/24/2018 1:19 PM, pouncer at aol.com wrote:
> So, among techie Listies ... Anybody own and use and opine about RoamBots?   (Is
> that even what the thing is called in this reality?)

I was given a Roomba a few years ago as a Christmas present. It is
pretty neat. It's even the model designed for pet hair.

My biggest problem with it is that it does pick up all of the pet hair.
So it needs to be cleaned. Every time. It's dirt storage compartment is
very small.

So in practice I tend to just use my larger vacuum. It's not a Dyson but
uses the same sort of air vortex thing so it doesn't need bags. When
doing a once a week vacuum I often have to empty its canister two or
even three times. And it's much larger than the Roomba's.

Cats are apparently machines for turning food into hair.

I recently got sent a Roomba advertisement for a version with a cleaning
station where it will return for a recharge and empty out its bins into
a trash can. That sounds pretty great, but I don't know anyone who has
tried it.

https://store.irobot.com/default/roomba-vacuuming-robot-vacuum-irobot-roomba-clean-base/4626191.html
--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts