[LMB] OT: Roombas (was Re: AKICOTL OT: Crawling Saucers)

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 03:36:16 GMT 2018

 My mom has had a Roomba for ages; I think she's on the second one, and this one is called Junior. She has wall-to-wall everywhere except the kitchen and bathrooms. Junior gets stuck, so she won't turn him on and leave the house, but she can be cooking in the kitchen while Junior is toodling along. I believe she sets him up for each room (there's some sort of force field! Isn't it cool to have a movable force field?), so she can watch TV while he's in the den, and do computer work in the den when he's doing either of the bedrooms.
She loves it. No pets, though, so I don't know how much dirt one lady can create. (The wind brings in a lot of dust, though.) The grandchildren remember him fondly, so that's another point in favor of getting roam-bots (particularly if you personify them).
Micki