[LMB] OT: The New Doctor

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Tue Nov 27 01:03:36 GMT 2018

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018, Rebecca Price wrote:

> It's the same thing that happened to Torchwood - the stories stopped being
> fun, and started being real downers.
>
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 6:15 PM Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Re:  not liking the latest Doctor Who
>>
>> I haven't been all that enthusiastic about Doctor Who stories since I was
>> underwhelmed by the last season of Twelve, and I am given to understand
>> that the things I had problems with only got worse as time passed.
>>
>> It's a shame - the best thing about Who was always the quality of the
>> writing.  It sure wasn't the special effects!  But now that the FX have
>> improved, the show seems to be on a slow slide downhill.

While I agree re Torchwood -- the final season was one I never want to
see again -- I've been happy with the new Doctor & the new season so far,
having seen the first three. They've felt to me fairly hopeful and
thankfully much less byzantine than some of the last few seasons.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"I am not avoiding reality when I read fiction; I am strengthening my ability to cope with reality."
- Roxane Gay, in her introduction to The Best American Short Stories, 2018