[LMB] OT: Professionalism

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Fri Nov 30 16:24:22 GMT 2018

This is a bit of a rant, please be patient.

I worked in computer hardware and software for 43 years (if you consider missile guidance systems and their test equipment computers) in the USAF, Singer Business Machines, and Sandia National Laboratories. I retired 8 years ago. On three occasions recently, I encountered bad or sloppily constructed applications and websites. When I attempted to call support I got, "Do to unexpectedly high numbers of calls, we are experiencing delays in our system. Please hold. Your call is important to us." Or an equivalent message.  Of course they have high call volumes. Their product doesn't work correctly.

This is worse than users as beta testers. This is alpha testing. The companies involved, two software and one banking should know better! I don't get it - are customers that complacent?

William A. Wenrich

Christian, Husband, Father, Granddaddy, Son, American Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me.