[LMB] An evening concert with the Birthday Tixie

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 05:28:54 BST 2018

Today, we’re enjoying an evening campfire by the lake after a long day of biology and chemistry lessons. The Sergyaran fauna is very
different from our Earth biologies! Right now, though, the books are back in the classroom, and we’re enjoying the musical meeps coming
from the lake. Our guide produces a net from her seemingly bottomless backpack, and brings us back one of the melodic specimens – it’s a
fuzzy crab, but one who sticks to the shores of lakes and ponds, and is a lot less nippier than the ones Cordelia encountered so many years
ago. “These guys won’t be around much longer; once the season turns, it’ll be quieter out here.” This one is specific to Lake Serena, and
sings C, G and F at random intervals. The guide releases it, and it scurries quickly to its friends to rejoin the concert.

Tora Smulders-Srivasan, as it’s your birthday, you get the honor of naming our little syncopated crab friend, if you like. Hope your day is full
of fun and loveliness!