[LMB] Penric shaman tricks

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Oct 9 21:59:58 BST 2018

On Tue, Oct 09, 2018 at 01:38:29PM -0400, Damien Sullivan wrote:
> I just read the last two novellas, and it's been a while since I read
> "Penric and the Shaman".  Did Penric pick up some shamanic attribute, or
> is Desdemona imitating their spiritual abilities through being an
> awesome demon?  And why does it make him bleed?

in, I think it was Penric's Fox, Penric petitioned his Princess Divine
to stay and study shamanism, thinking the extra abilities would be
useful. And in one of the books, possibly that one, we also learn
about the cost of using shamanic magic, i.e., blood (female shaman
whose name I forget who "magicked" the fox...)