[LMB] Politics??? Or the nature of reality?

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Wed Oct 10 04:46:57 BST 2018

On Mon, 8 Oct 2018, WalterStuartBushell wrote:
> You can bribe the inspectors, but not the metal.
> There were fortunes made and still being made in inferior grade concrete.

And in Quebec, for example, it led to overpasses/bridges falling down
abruptly and catastrophically.

Matthew George wrote:

> The people who go on about how subjective experience means that truth is
> subjective?  I've always, ALWAYS found them to be liars.  Sometimes
> they're telling lies to themselves first, sometimes they're trying to
> delude those around them.  But they've never been honest in my
> experience - and sadly, I've experienced a lot of them.

Agreed.

They're confusing facts (primary) with interpretation (secondary). You can
have multiple interpretations, based on different life experiences and
ways of thinking and prejudices, but those interpretations aren't "truth"
as such.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"Writing is a risky bidness. No guarantees. You have to take the chance.
I'm happy to take it. I love taking it. So my stuff gets misread,
misunderstood, misinterpreted -- so what? If it's the real stuff, it will
survive almost any abuse other than being ignored, disappeared, not read."
-- No Time to Spare: Thinking About What Matters By Ursula K LeGuin, p. 41