[LMB] Wodehouse or Sayers on Barrayar?

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 15 15:52:23 BST 2018

It's actually canonical that LPW does the odd spot of intelligence or
Foreign Service work, though it shows up more in the short stories than in
the novels.

I can see a Barrayaran version of the stories emphasizing the foiling of
Cetagandan plots, with them as the masterminds behind the mystery or the
murders or the adventure...

Tony Z

On Mon, October 15, 2018 8:59 am, WalterStuartBushell wrote:

>> On Oct 15, 2018, at 2:22 AM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> And I wonder how they'd like Dorothy Sayers' fiction?  In some ways,
>> Lord
>> Peter Wimsey might be a familiar type: a war-traumatized veteran trying
>> to hide real intelligence behind a façade of being a Silly Ass About
>> Town.  I
>> could imagine Lord Peter and By Vorrutyer having some interesting
>> conversations…
>
> Fan fic idea — LPW is really an undercover agent; as per By.
>

> And we are on topic.
>

> __
> What is the difference between unethical and ethical advertising?
> Unethical advertising uses falsehoods to deceive the public; ethical
> advertising uses truth to deceive the public. Vilhjalmur Stefansson (1879
> – 1962)

Et vocavit Deus, "Fiat lux!"