[LMB] Wodehouse or Sayers on Barrayar?

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Mon Oct 15 23:45:06 BST 2018

What about Lord Peter meets Mycroft?
________________________________
From: lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk <lois-bujold-bounces at lists.herald.co.uk> on behalf of Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz at eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 8:52 AM
To: Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold.
Subject: Re: [LMB] Wodehouse or Sayers on Barrayar?

It's actually canonical that LPW does the odd spot of intelligence or
Foreign Service work, though it shows up more in the short stories than in
the novels.

I can see a Barrayaran version of the stories emphasizing the foiling of
Cetagandan plots, with them as the masterminds behind the mystery or the
murders or the adventure...

Tony Z

On Mon, October 15, 2018 8:59 am, WalterStuartBushell wrote:

>> On Oct 15, 2018, at 2:22 AM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> And I wonder how they'd like Dorothy Sayers' fiction?  In some ways,
>> Lord
>> Peter Wimsey might be a familiar type: a war-traumatized veteran trying
>> to hide real intelligence behind a façade of being a Silly Ass About
>> Town.  I
>> could imagine Lord Peter and By Vorrutyer having some interesting
>> conversations…
>
> Fan fic idea — LPW is really an undercover agent; as per By.
>

> And we are on topic.
>

> __
> What is the difference between unethical and ethical advertising?
> Unethical advertising uses falsehoods to deceive the public; ethical
> advertising uses truth to deceive the public. Vilhjalmur Stefansson (1879
> – 1962)

Et vocavit Deus, "Fiat lux!"

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to mathews55 at msn.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk