[LMB] Two Birthdays to Celebrate on October 15!

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 00:32:31 BST 2018

Thank you very much, Micki!

Surprisingly enough, the nest flavor was ruby chocolate, a thing of which I have only just heard, via former listie Catherine:

http://www.catescates.com.au/recipe-lemon-and-ruby-cakepops/

note: her blog is a treasure-trove of great food and fun snark!

Jerrie

Micki: Well, that's a new one to me! If the nest was a ruby chocolate flavor, then I think we'll have to name those flowers (informally)
Jerrie's Ruby Chocolates. They are delicate little things with deep red, translucent petals that look like acrylic, and the pollen is kind of a
hassle -- it's on long yellow stamens, and most flower arrangers snip them off, because if the pollen drops on your clothes (or your flower vase
or your table), it leaves a stain like dried blood that it is almost impossible to remove. To us, the pollen tastes of nothing, but somehow,
the little radials manage to transform it into delicious ruby chocolate nests!

The cake is gorgeous!

And thanks for teaching us about ruby chocolat and Cate's blog!