[LMB] Freezing Bugs (WAS OT: I need a hug)

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 05:15:54 BST 2018

On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎October‎ ‎17‎, ‎2018‎ ‎08‎:‎13‎:‎03‎ ‎PM‎ ‎JST, baur baur

ok ..

checked .. works for bedbugs

my sources say 7 days at -17°C (sources also claim that - if you have been travelling in bedbug areas and have a large enough freezer - just put your entire suitcase into it for a week, or a few days longer if its a large suitcase)

sources also say that dry heat of 50°C for one hours will also kill all bedbugs (note that all parts of the object have to reach that temperature for that time) - this means you can also put objects into the kitchen stove ..

Servus

markus

Micki: Oh, that's good to know! We have futon dryers here that will heat up the futon at least (or we can toss it into commercial dryers --
which would also be available to Kevin, too). I've never had bedbugs, but the idea preys on my mind. Somebody on a different forum
was talking about bedbug infestation here in Japan, so now I'm nervous.