[LMB] Freezing Bugs OT:

Helen Fenton hifenton at internode.on.net
Fri Oct 19 10:24:58 BST 2018

> On 19 Oct 2018, at 7:11 PM, James M. BRYANT G4CLF <james at jbryant.eu> wrote:
>
> Lorelei tosses the (heavily bagged in black) fiber (yarn,
> roving, fleece...) into the back of the car for a week.
>
> This does depend where you live!
>
> James - just back from the Equator (where it does work)
> to cloudy England (where it doesn't

I was interested in this problem and wondering why I had never come across these nasty little bugs  so I looked it up on Wikipedia and it said that they are killed by prolonged temperatures of over 45 degrees Celsius . Ah ha light bulb moment !!! 45 degrees Celsius is summer in Oz for three months solid. 40 - 50 c in most parts of nsw . No wonder I've never come across these nasty little bugs. They wouldn't survive their first summer. Most oz homes do not have air con we just rely on ceiling fans and open windows

Helen