[LMB] Soletta design, and moons more generally.

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 16:36:00 BST 2018

Robert Woodward <robertaw at drizzle.com> wrote:
> They are shadowed during the equinoxes; my BoE calculation for the
> length of the shadowing was 68 minutes; a wikipedia article on solar
> power satellites, see
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space-based_solar_power#Potential>,
> claims 72 minutes.

For Komarr, having the soletta shadowed for a brief period isn't much
of an issue.

For the Chinese lighting satellite, if the orbit is timed such that
the soletta passes through those nodes at twilight and is highest in
the sky at the darkest time of night, it wouldn't appear to be much
of a problem either.

Joel