[LMB] Another strange creature in time for the October 27th birthday!

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 10:06:32 BST 2018

Today is October 27th, Earth Time Tokyo. We’ve only got a few more days left in October to enjoy Sergyar before we scatter to the
wormholes. We’re taking our larger trunks to the spaceport at Kareenberg to be stored properly in a pod, and then we’ll swing by the Cave
Complex on the way back to camp. The caves are fascinating . . . they’ve done them up for Halloween (a Japanese candy manufacturer all
the way from Earth has sponsored the haunted caves!), and there are charming frights and spills. “Bothari” jumps out at us, and various
General Vorkraft mutineers with an astounding and somewhat anachronic range of weapons threaten and delight us. There’s a feast of
oatmeal at the end (blue cheese optional). The “head political officer” breaks character and has a nice lunch with us, and entertains us with
tales of the caves.

He tells us of the sightings of a mysterious, hairy hominid in the caves. Is it real? Did it stow away on a visiting spaceship? Or is it all part of
the Sergyaran brand of pioneer fantasy? At any rate, this cryptozooid has not yet received a name, and Aruvqan, since it’s your birthday,
you may have the honors! May you have a very happy birthday!