[LMB] Far and the bowl

Nancy L. Barber nlbarber at alumni.emory.edu
Sat Oct 27 21:02:44 BST 2018

> On Oct 27, 2018, at 3:09 PM, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
>
> Dar is considered the best maker among the Hickory creek camp. Why didn’t he recognize the maker in Dag when he heard the story of the mending of the glass bowl?

I can’t find an on-screen description of Dar hearing the story of the bowl, so can’t help you with this one.  Hoharie certainly sees it when she hears the tale of that and Dag’s other groundwork.

> Why hadn’t Dag heard about groundsetters before Arcady? Are they that rare?

As I read it, Dag is familiar with groundsetters, just surprised to find one in a nearby camp.  When Fawn tells him there’s a groundsetter at New Moon Cutoff, he replies “Really? That close?”  No questions about what a groundsetter is or anything.

   Nancy