[LMB] Groundsense vs Force

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 28 00:01:20 BST 2018

WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
> I'm doing my semiannual reread of the Wide Green World series and found
> myself comparing Groundsense with the Force from Star Wars.  They have
> similarities but, in general, the Force seems to be more something
> for nothing.  Chalk it up to Lous being a better writer than Lucas.

Back when Lois was working out just how groundwork ability was
inherited, one of the options she considered was that it involved
something symbiotic in Lakewalkers' blood.  I pointed out that she
already had Dag Lakewalker, missing a hand, working with a mysterious
force that underlaid all things and was strongest in living beings.
She wasn't exactly thrilled.

Joel