[LMB] Uterine replicators in _Shards of Honor_

Corrina Lawson corrinaannelawson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 02:14:00 GMT 2018

Counts can declare someone as their heir but a passage in ACC about getting
the Counts to accept the heir is something that has to be done as a final
step. (I believe Ekaterin thinks it when she sees Miles at the Council of
Counts.)

Presumably, an Emperor can choose their heir--but it would have to be voted
on and approved, which may be why Ezar didn't simply change his heir from
Serg to Gregor. That, and Gregor would probably not have lived long if Serg
thought his son a threat to him. In any case, the political factions
surrounding two opposing heirs would probably prevent a Count or Emperor
from bypassing someone in the succession, unless they were clearly unfit.
(One wonders what Dorca thought of Yuri....)

Corrina