[LMB] Uterine replicators in _Shards of Honor_

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Mon Oct 29 02:30:02 GMT 2018

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018, Corrina Lawson wrote:
> Presumably, an Emperor can choose their heir--but it would have to be voted
> on and approved, which may be why Ezar didn't simply change his heir from
> Serg to Gregor. That, and Gregor would probably not have lived long if Serg
> thought his son a threat to him.

As well, it's been considered unwise to have a minor as ruler, since this
means a) a regent must rule in their stead with less authority b) the
succession is not as secure unless there are several other near-by heirs,
and c) there's generally less stability.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"I am not avoiding reality when I read fiction; I am strengthening my ability to cope with reality."
- Roxane Gay, in her introduction to The Best American Short Stories, 2018