[LMB] Uterine replicators in _Shards of Honor_

Richard G. Molpus rgmolpus at flash.net
Mon Oct 29 06:51:02 GMT 2018

An important question is "Who remembers those Uterine Replicators?". Apart from the immediate Vorkosigan family (I include the Koudelkas and Elena Bothari-Jesek), and a few dozen medical staffers at ImpMed, thirty years later it's doubtful that anyone will remember how the first Replicators came to Barrayar.

The ImpMil personnell staffers who had to process the original paperwork have a great barroom story to tell, about how they created /adapted the official paperwork, now pretty standard with all the Replicator births that happen (a small percentage of the population, I suspect), but the majority of the population can only DREAM of doing it the new ad fancy way....