[LMB] Uterine replicators in _Shards of Honor_

Luke Bretscher rocketman0739 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 19:39:46 GMT 2018

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 9:49 PM Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com> wrote:

> I note that C.J. Cherryh wrote a novel - I think it's called Cyteen - in which some very powerful people tride to clone an influential woman of a wartime crisis that had passed. They even tried to duplicate elements of the original's upbringing. But the clone was raised in peacetime, and some of her mentors could not go through with the traumatic experiences that has shaped the original.

Oh yes, Cyteen is great! It's fascinating to watch Ari diverge from
her primary, but at the same time very unsettling, because you don't
know what quantity of the primary's (rather severe) faults will
eventually show up in the clone.

I think Cherryh actually wrote a sequel to Cyteen many years later.
Some time I'll have to pick that up and see how Ari and the rest of
the Reseune gang are getting along. Safe to assume it's not all
sweetness and light, though, given the author.

Luke