[LMB] Uterine replicators in _Shards of Honor_

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Tue Oct 30 23:00:09 GMT 2018

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 02:39:46PM -0500, Luke Bretscher wrote:

> I think Cherryh actually wrote a sequel to Cyteen many years later.

Yes, _Regenesis_.

> Some time I'll have to pick that up and see how Ari and the rest of
> the Reseune gang are getting along. Safe to assume it's not all
> sweetness and light, though, given the author.

Actually it kind of is.  Much of the book reads like someone's fluffy
slice-of-life fix-it fanfic.  You may cry tears of joy.  There's also
conflict, but it has much less of her Cherryh's patented mix of paranoia
and claustrophobia and someone trying to survive in fearful ignorance.

Ari is a Fucking Adult Now and wants her happy ending and will take a
flamethrower to any bullshit in her way.  And her happy ending requires
some other people to be happy too.  So, FLAME ON.

-xx- Damien X-)