[LMB] OT: 3-way light bulbs

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 13 19:36:35 GMT 2019

Katrina Knight <kknight at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> A three-way bulb is one that offers three different amounts of
> light. They go in a lamp designed for them. The ones I use have
> a 100W filament and a 200W filament. They can be used separately
> or together to give 300W. I have yet to find an acceptable
> non-incandescent bulb to replace them.

3-way fluorescent and LED bulbs are available, but they're still
quite expensive.  I've seen them in Home Depot in Canada.


More information about the Lois-Bujold mailing list