[LMB] OT: Teasing And Bullying Kids About Their Weight Is Linked To Increased Weight Gain

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sat Jun 1 00:21:46 BST 2019

On Fri, 31 May 2019 10:13:33 -0400, Jason Long <sturmvogel66 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>The US Army measures waist and neck sizes and plugs those
>numbers into a formula to measure body fat percentage, which will get at
>least get you in in the ballpark, but still isn't all that accurate because
>it gives a too much weight to neck size in its formula. Somebody like me
>who's always had a relatively fat neck would calculate out with a smaller
>percentage than my friends with skinnier necks.

I have a large neck.  Because of this, despite being a self-confessed
fat person, I have to buy "slim-fit" shirts, because otherwise if I buy
one for the right neck size, I look like a galleon in full sail and have
room in the waistband for multiple passengers.
--
reporter, n. A writer who guesses his way to the truth and
dispels  it with a tempest of words. (Ambrose Bierce)