[LMB] OT: Stop Brexit!

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sun Jun 2 17:12:30 BST 2019

On Fri, 31 May 2019 20:34:01 -0700, "A. Marina Fournier"
<saffronrose at me.com> wrote:

>On May 31, 2019, at 5:02 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 28 May 2019 17:47:19 -0700, "A. Marina Fournier"
>> <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> They can vote in local elections—unsealed ballots in a clear box? Quelle horreur!
>>
>> Unsealed indeed, but the box is not clear, and *is* sealed.
>
>View
>https://robin-ellis.net/2019/05/27/voting-for-europe

That's in France, and looks like a staged photo.  Each country has its
own procedures.  In the UK, we have opaque, locked boxes, paper ballots,
and pencil.
--
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our
political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means