[LMB] OT: Stop Brexit!

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sun Jun 2 21:20:30 BST 2019

On Jun 2, 2019, at 9:12 AM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 May 2019 20:34:01 -0700, "A. Marina Fournier"
> <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:

> That's in France, and looks like a staged photo.  Each country has its
> own procedures.  In the UK, we have opaque, locked boxes, paper ballots,
> and pencil.

Ah, well. We have that same system in any district in California where I have cast my ballot—the counties of LA, Santa Cruz, and Santa Clara. ISTR the Orange county had old machines.

While the paper ballot system is generally unhackable, boxes of ballots can mysteriously disappear. Although at least one year I heard of several, or more, boxes being found the the SF Bay.

Do such debacles ever occur in any of the other countries in which listees reside?

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala