[LMB] OT: Stop Brexit!

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jun 4 17:51:40 BST 2019

On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 13:20:30 -0700, "A. Marina Fournier"
<saffronrose at me.com> wrote:

>On Jun 2, 2019, at 9:12 AM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 31 May 2019 20:34:01 -0700, "A. Marina Fournier"
>> <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
>
>> That's in France, and looks like a staged photo.  Each country has its
>> own procedures.  In the UK, we have opaque, locked boxes, paper ballots,
>> and pencil.
>
>Ah, well. We have that same system in any district in California where I have cast my ballot—the counties of LA, Santa Cruz, and Santa Clara. ISTR the Orange county had old machines.
>
>While the paper ballot system is generally unhackable, boxes of ballots can mysteriously disappear. Although at least one year I heard of several, or more, boxes being found the the SF Bay.
>
>Do such debacles ever occur in any of the other countries in which listees reside?

There are frequently allegations of ballot boxes going missing, but
usually from the losers (the exception being the Brexit vote, where
there were ridiculous allegations about vote-tampering from what turned
out to be the winning side).
--
All governments share a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities.  It's not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to